Behavioral Health Providers: Save time… go online!
October 21, 2011
Every moment counts, especially when your patients are waiting. Setting aside time to make phone calls to BCBSIL can present an administrative challenge. Electronic options offer a more practical solution – you can go online at your convenience to conduct the following transactions in real-time:
- Obtain patient eligibility and benefits
- Check claim status
- Conduct other claim-related inquiries
In addition to greater flexibility with faster returns on a variety of inquiries, electronic transactions also offer increased security of your patients’ protected health information.
There’s no better time to begin, and we can help you get started!
- Visit our Electronic Commerce section for general information
- Establish a connection through a secure vendor portal, such as Availity® or RealMed®
- Contact your assigned Professional Provider Network Consultant for personalized assistance
Obtaining eligibility and benefits information is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility, benefits, limitations and exclusions and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage in effect on the date services are rendered.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C. RealMed is a registered trademark of RealMed Corporation, an Availity Company. Availity, L.L.C. and RealMed Corporation are independent third party vendors and are solely responsible for their products and services.