Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Program
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) Behavioral Health Program is committed to delivering quality products and services that meet the needs of our members and customers.
BCBSIL continually monitors and evaluates the behavioral health care management program through our Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Program (BHQIP). The BHQIP identifies program enhancement opportunities benefiting members, physicians and other health care providers and shares information that can be used to achieve the best possible health outcomes.
The goals of our program are to:
- Improve medical and behavioral health outcomes for our members;
- Facilitate continuity of care among physicians and other health care providers and promote exchange of information, such as appropriate diagnoses, treatment and referrals;
- Communicate with members, physicians and other health care providers to promote improved member health and overall satisfaction.
To read about our 2012 behavioral health quality initiatives and results, visit one of the links below:
- Coordination of Care 2012 Quality Improvement Results
- Case Management Engagement 2012 Quality Improvement Results – Coming soon
- Patient Safety Program 2012 Quality Improvement Results – Coming soon
Questions? Contact the Behavioral Health Unit to share feedback or if you have questions about our programs.