BluePrint PPO Product Overview
- There are more than 29,000 doctors and specialists and over 200 hospitals in the network.
- The national Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO network includes more than 500,000 contracting doctors (more than 85 percent of doctors nationwide) and more than 5,000 contracting hospitals.
- Members can choose any doctor or hospital whenever they seek care.
- When members receive care from a contracting PPO doctor or hospital, there are:
- No claim forms to complete
- No up front payments
- No balance billing because PPO doctors and hospitals have agreed to accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois' payment
- Members may also use doctors and hospitals outside the PPO network, but the benefit level will be lower.
- Doctor office visits
- Hospital and surgical care
- Diagnostic testing
- Emergency care benefits
- Maternity care
- Breast cancer screenings
- Cervical cancer screenings
- Preventive care
- Well-child care for children
Other Covered Services
- Mental health care and substance abuse treatment
- Chiropractic services
- Rehabilitative therapy (physical, speech and occupational)
- Private duty nursing
- Extended care facility
- Vision Discount Program
- Hearing Aid Discount Program
- Prescription drug card benefit with mail service for maintenance medications
Blue Care® Connection
- Utilization and case management
- Healthy ExpectationsTM maternity program
- Mental health and substance abuse