Added benefits for Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM members
"An ounce of prevention," the old saying goes, "is worth a pound of cure." For a Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM member, that statement carries a lot of truth.
From wellness checkups to vaccinations, you have access to a broad range of preventive services that can help you and your provider catch health problems in the early stages, when they are easier to treat. Let’s look at a few:
Annual wellness visit
As a Blue Cross Medicare Advantage member, you receive one wellness visit every 12 months. This is a great opportunity to develop or update a personalized prevention plan based on your current health and risk factors. It can also help establish a baseline for future care. The visit includes:
- a health risk assessment.
- a review of medical and family history.
- detection of any cognitive impairment.
- a list of risk factors and treatment options for you.
- a screening schedule for appropriate preventive services.
In addition to the Annual Wellness Visit, here are some more screenings and other services that are available to Blue Cross Medicare Advantage members:
- Colorectal cancer screening: a fecal occult blood test once every 12 months for the detection of colon cancer.
- Diabetes screening: a blood glucose test for people who are at risk for diabetes.
- Mammogram screening: once every 12 months for women over the age of 40.
- Eye exam: once every 12 months.
- Cholesterol screening: twice a year, per the instructions of your provider.
- Flu shot: one shot every flu season.
- Pneumonia shot: most people only need this shot once in their lifetime.
Please note: The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Plans are available in Cook, DuPage, Kane and Will counties.