Sign Up for Updates
Buying health insurance doesn't have to be complicated. We're here to help! Sign up for important information and key updates today.
Your information has been received.
Health Plan Cost Estimator
Use the estimator tool to create a health profile to evaluate insurance plan options and estimated annual costs.
If your employer has given you an eight-character pass code to access your employer group's Health Plan Cost Estimator tool, enter the code below.
Lower Your Health Care Costs
There are steps you can take to help reduce the rising health care costs.
Take Charge of Your Health
Many health care costs are related to personal behavior. Unhealthy habits can result in chronic health issues, which cost our economy an estimated $1 trillion each year. Here are just a few ways you can improve your health while helping to manage your health care costs.
- Eat smart. Eating healthy foods can help prevent chronic health issues such as obesity.
- Exercise. Regular exercise is key to getting and staying healthy.
- Don't smoke. Tobacco use is a leading preventable cause of death.
- Manage chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Schedule regular check-ups with your doctor to prevent health issues.
Help Prevent Health Care Fraud and Abuse
Health care fraud is a key driver of rising health care costs. About 3% of all health care spending — or $68 billion each year — is lost to health care fraud. Here are some things you can do to help prevent health care fraud and abuse.
- Review your health care charges. Look over your Explanation of Benefits from your insurer and receipts from your doctor or pharmacist to make sure the right dates of service are recorded, and that you are billed for the right services or medications.
- Protect your health information. Keep your insurance card and health care records in a safe place at all times.
- Monitor your medications. Count your pills each time that you pick up a prescription.
- Report suspected fraud and abuse as soon as possible. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois members can call our Provider Fraud Hotline at 800-543-0867 to report suspected health care fraud.