Everyday Actions to Help Stop the Spread of Germs
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you don't have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze, or use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Try to stay about six feet away from sick people, including those at home.
- Clean surfaces like bedside tables, bathroom counters, kitchen counters and toys by wiping them down with a household disinfectant. Be sure to follow the product directions.