Learn More About Low Back Pain
For adults, back pain is a common complaint. Most people experience some type of back pain in their life. The good news is that most people who experience low back pain will recover within four to six weeks.
Back Pain Causes and Prevention
Back pain can occur in the upper, middle or lower back. The most common back pain is experienced in the lower back. The most common causes of back pain are strains and sprains.
Some conditions that may cause low back pain include:
- Ruptured or herniated disc
- Degeneration of the discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Osteoarthritis of the spine
Here are some quick prevention tips:
- The best way to prevent low back pain is to stay fit.
- Learn to lift objects correctly.
- Avoid lifting while reaching, twisting, or bending forward.
- Keep work surfaces at a comfortable height. Good posture can also help reduce back stress and prevent back pain.
Participate and Take Control
If you have been living with chronic back pain, there are healthy choices you can make on a daily basis to help manage your condition. Learn to identify and act on the risk factors you can control for back pain.Related health Web sites: