Blue Advantage Illinois Product Overview
Blue Advantage Illinois offers the health care benefit coverage members want and need.
Blue Advantage Illinois members enjoy:
- Choice of a contracting medical group/independent practice association from one of the largest HMO networks in the state
- No annual deductible and, generally, claim forms
- Low copayment levels
Members also enjoy access to a range of benefits when care is provided/coordinated through their primary care provider (PCP).
- Doctor office visits
- Preventive care and wellness services for children and adults such as:
- routine physicals
- tests and screenings for breast and cervical cancer, prostate and colon cancer
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic tests
- Outpatient and inpatient hospital services and treatments
- Maternity care
- Mental health and substance abuse (inpatient and outpatient)*
- Rehabilitative therapy (such as physical, speech and occupational)
- Other coverage that does not require a PCP referral includes:
- Emergency care
- Out-of-area coverage (traveling/temporarily living out of state)
- Substance abuse treatment (inpatient and outpatient)
- Vision exams at the cost of an office visit copayment and discounts on lenses, frames and permanent contact lenses, vision correction surgery and disposable contact lenses
- Discounts on hearing aids
- Discounts on chiropractic care, acupuncture and massage therapy and health and wellness products
- Prescription drug card benefit with 90-day supply for maintenance medications
Blue Advantage Illinois offers one of the largest provider networks of primary care physicians (PCPs) and hospitals in the state - at a higher cost than Blue Advantage HMO.
*Members of Physicians Care Network, Inc. coordinates mental health care directly with the behavioral health network provider.