BlueAdvantage HMO Product Overview
BlueAdvantage HMO offers the health care benefit coverage members want and need.
BlueAdvantage HMO members receive Primary Care Physician (PCP) coordinated care.
- Knows and understands your healthcare needs
- Is informed about your medical history
- Provides basic medical care
- Prescribes medication
- Coordinates care and treatment with specialists and provides appropriate referrals
Additionally, you'll enjoy:
- Choice of a PCP from a large network of contracting HMO medical groups/independent practice associations
- No annual deductible
- No claim forms
- Copayments for services for predictable out of pocket expenses
Members have access to a range of benefits with the BlueAdvantage HMO product.
- Doctor office visits
- Preventive care and wellness services for children and adults such as:
- routine physicals
- tests and screenings for breast and cervical cancer, prostate and colon cancer
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic tests
- Outpatient and inpatient hospital services and treatments
- Maternity care
- Mental health and substance abuse (inpatient and outpatient)
- Rehabilitative therapy (such as physical, speech and occupational)
- Other coverage and discounts on services such as:
- Emergency care
- Out-of-area coverage (traveling/temporarily living out of state)
- Vision exams at the cost of an office visit copayment and discounts on lenses, frames and permanent contact lenses, vision correction surgery and disposable contact lenses
- Discounts on hearing aids
- Discounts on chiropractic care, acupuncture and massage therapy and health and wellness products
- Prescription drug card benefit with 90-day supply for maintenance medications
BlueAdvantage HMO offers one of the largest provider networks of primary care physicians (PCPs) and hospitals in the state.