Blue Choice Select PPOSM
(51–150 employees) (151+ employees)
Blue Choice Select PPOSM includes all the features of a PPO plan, such as a wide range of benefits and the flexibility for members to help control their care – there are no referrals required. The difference that sets Blue Choice Select PPO apart – and makes it the right choice for your company – is that it uses the Blue Choice PPOSM network which is a select, more affordable network than the larger PPO network.
Blue Choice PPO Network Information
The Blue Choice PPO network is only available in the Chicago Metro and Quad City locations. Members and covered dependents must live in the network service area. Benefit Booklets provide further information to help determine if members are within the network service area.
The network service area for Blue Choice PPO includes the following counties:
- Chicago Metro counties: Cook, Lake, McHenry, Dupage, Kane, Grundy, Kankakee, Kendall and Will.
- Quad Cities counties: Bureau, Hancock, Henderson, Warren, Whiteside, Henry, Mercer and Rock Island.
The Blue Choice PPO network provides access to over 15,000 participating physicians and 62 participating hospitals. Blue Choice PPO network offers access to a contracting hospital network created by considering:
- Geographic accessibility
- The number of board certified doctors on staff
- Status with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Clinical care indicators developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
With Blue Choice Select®, members and eligible dependents have the freedom to visit any physician they choose, with benefits paid at a higher level when the doctor is within the network. Members do not need to select a primary care physician to coordinate care and no referrals are needed to see a specialist.
To receive the highest level of benefits, members should use the Blue Choice PPO network for health care services. If members use a doctor or hospital outside the network, they'll still be covered, but their out-of-pocket costs will be significantly higher.
Benefit coverage under Blue Choice Select PPO includes:
- Preventive care services
- Doctor office visits
- Outpatient hospital services
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic tests
- Maternity services
- Hospital emergency medical and accident treatment
- Out of State Coverage
- Breast cancer screenings
- Muscle manipulation services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy services
- Vision discount program
- Hearing aid discount program
Additional benefit coverage also available:
- Prescription drug benefits with mail service for maintenance medications
- Mental health and substance abuse coverage