BlueEdgeSM Individual HSA
Health Savings Account (HSA) Compatible Plans
Beginning on October 1st our new health insurance products for 2014 will be made available to you. If you are looking for coverage now:
- You have until August 30th to apply for major medical coverage for the remainder of 2013.
- You can apply for our temporary coverage plans at any time.
BlueEdgeSM Individual HSA Plan Comparison Chart
(Participating Provider Coverage Shown1)
|Benefit Highlight||BlueEdgeSM Individual HSA2||BlueEdgeSM Individual HSA 50002|
|Participating providers||Two provider network options: PPO Network, 90% of IL doctors;
over 200 IL hospitals, or BlueChoice® Network3
|Individual Out-of-Pocket Expense Limit||Annual deductible plus $3,0001||Annual deductible|
|Preventive Care Services
(benefits covered as defined by national guidelines)
|Coinsurance||You pay 0% or 20%||You pay 0%|
|Prescription Drugs||You pay 0% or 20%||You pay 0%|
|Prescription Drug Utilization/ Benefit Management Programs (for policies with effective dates on or after 1/1/2012)||Dispensing Limits: Benefits include coverage limits on certain medications.
Specialty Pharmacy Program: To be eligible for maximum benefits, specialty medications must be obtained through the preferred Specialty Pharmacy Provider.
View the Specialty Pharmacy Program List which includes a reminder about coverage for self-administered specialty medications.
Member Pay the Difference: When choosing a brand name drug over an available generic equivalent, your usual share plus the difference in cost.
Prior Authorization/Step Therapy Requirements: Before receiving coverage.
|Outline of Coverage||Outline of Coverage|
1. Benefits reduced when non-participating providers are used. This is a summary of highlights only. Please refer to the Outline of Coverage for each plan for additional details.
2. The individual out-of-pocket expense plus individual deductible can not exceed $5,000.
3. The BlueChoice Network allows you to save on premiums and the cost of covered services when you use a contracting BlueChoice hospital, doctor or specialist. You do not need to select a primary care physician or obtain a referral to see a specialist.