Is HSA right for your client?
Is an HSA right for your client?
When deciding if an HSA is right for a particular client, consider these three basic points:
- Are they eligible?
- Is the prospect a good match for an HSA?
- The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois reputation
Are they eligible?
To be eligible for an HSA, a person must meet the following requirements:
- They must be covered by a high deductible health plan—like BlueEdge Individual HSA or BlueEdge Individual HSA 5000 from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois.
- They cannot be enrolled in Medicare.
- They cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return.
Is the prospect a good match for an HSA?
In general, you can expect these products to appeal to individuals and families who like to take control of their health care decisions—those who want the ability to decide what doctors to see, when to see them and how much to spend.
These are the key market segments that represent potential clients:
- Self-employed individuals who welcome affordability, reliable benefits and the ability to save and invest with their HSA
- Professional individuals looking for additional tax shelters
- Healthy individuals and families who appreciate affordability and who are not as likely to have huge medical expenses associated with major illnesses catastrophic coverage is especially important to this market segment)
- Small employers (less than 10 employees) looking for a way to help their employees affordably self-insure
- Working uninsured, who appreciate the lower premiums, the reliable benefits, and the “ownership” of their HSA (catastrophic coverage is especially important to this market segment)
- Early retirees, who will be able to roll over their HSA and use it tax-free to pay for health care expenses in their retirement
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois reputation
When your clients choose either BlueEdge Individual HSA or BlueEdge Individual HSA 5000 from BCBSIL, they’ll get dependable, affordable coverage from the leading insurer in the state. They’ll benefit from our financial strength and stability, and our commitment to give them service that’s second to none.