Here's Why More Than 4 Million Illinois Residents Choose BCBSIL
Freedom of Choice—Without Referrals
BlueEdge Individual HSA and BlueEdge Individual HSA 5000 provide access to one of the largest networks of doctors and hospitals in Illinois. In fact, with 90 percent of Illinois doctors included—and more than 200 hospitals—it’s likely that your clients’ current health care providers participate.
Coverage Away From Home
Your clients will have access to a program called BlueCard PPO. This is a nationwide network of doctors and hospitals that allows them to receive benefits for covered services when they travel. They simply present their BCBSIL ID card to a participating BlueCard PPO provider wherever they are.
Individual and family coverage are guaranteed renewable. This means that as long as your clients’ premiums are paid on time, their coverage can be non-renewed only for the following reasons: (1) fraud or an intentional material misrepresentation, or (2) all policies bearing your policy’s form number are non-renewed.
Members First®’Discount Program
Members First®’ can save your clients hundred of dollars a year on products and services they use every day. They’ll save on dental, vision, hearing and chiropractic care services. They’ll even receive discounts on vitamins and nutritional supplements through mail order.
Because this isn’t insurance, there are no deductibles, no dollar maximum limits and no claim forms to fill out. Using this program costs your clients nothing extra. It’s just our way of saying “thank you” for being a member.
- The Dental Program saves members as much as 50 percent on routine and preventive dental services when they go to one of the many participating providers throughout the entire
U.S.—more than 15,000 nationwide. They’ll even receive their discount at the time of service.
- The Vision Program guarantees savings of as much as 50 percent on eyeglasses and contact lenses at more than 9,000 eye care professionals nationwide, including major retailers such as LensCrafters, Sears, JCPenney and Pearle Vision.
- The Hearing Program provides savings on hearing aids and a variety of other products and services from the largest network of audiologists. Members receive a discount of as much as 20 percent on conventional hearing aids.
- The Chiropractic Program emphasizes wellness and preventive health care at special rates from participating providers. The initial exam is just $35, and there’s no limit on the number of visits. Go to the chiropractor as often as you need for immediate savings of as much as 40 percent off chiropractic care.
- The Vitamin Program offers a variety of vitamins and nutritional supplements at savings of 25–50 percent off already low catalog prices.