New Zagat® Health Survey Moves Word-of-Mouth About Doctors to the Web
When you're looking for a doctor, you often ask your friends, family or others you trust for their recommendations. With the new Zagat Health Survey, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) now lets you see how other members rank their doctors.
Getting recommendations about doctors from people who have first-hand experience — their patients — can help you make more informed health care choices. Plus you can share your feedback with your doctors with other members.
The Zagat Health Survey lets you rate your doctor based on your experience with your doctor. It is not meant to rate the quality of care received. You can rate a doctor based on:
- Trust — belief in the doctor's approach
- Communication — doctor's bedside manner, responsiveness and rapport
- Availability — ease of getting office visits and whether the doctor is on time
- Environment — condition of the office, staff helpfulness, atmosphere and amenities
Easy-to-Use: Point, Click and Share
- Log on to Blue Access for MembersSM and click the "Doctors and Hospitals" tab
- Click on "Find a Doctor or Hospital"
- Use the Provider Finder search tool to search by name for your doctor or any other doctor in your area.
To View Doctor Ratings
- On the bottom of the Provider Details page, you’ll find the Zagat Health Survey where you can see ratings for the doctor as well as comments left by other members.
- In order for a doctor’s scores to be displayed, the doctor must have at least 10 reviews in the system.
To Review Your Own Doctor
- You can rate and give comments about your doctor by clicking "Add Your Review:"
- You also can say whether you would suggest your doctor to others.
The Zagat Health Survey is just one tool BCBSIL offers to help you find a doctor. You can also use BCBSIL's Blue StarSM Hospital Report and Blue StarSM Medical Group/IPA Report to help choose doctors who best meet your needs.
Learn more about the Zagat Health Survey .
Zagat Survey, LLC, is a separate company, and the member comments posted on the site do not represent the views or opinions of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois.