Alert for Members Affected by Hurricane Isaac
Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Hurricane Isaac
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) understand that many of our members living or traveling in the Gulf Coast may be displaced as a result of Hurricane Isaac.
We are prepared to assist those who have special needs concerning access to care and prescription medications during their displacement.
If you are a BCBSIL member and need our help with temporary measures, such as early prescription refills or an exception to the requirement to see a network provider, our customer advocates are authorized to work with members to take care of their needs.
Doctors and pharmacies will need your member ID number and a photo ID so they can verify your membership and file the claim with us. If you do not have your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, call the customer service number listed below and a customer advocate can assist you.
BCBSIL is prepared to help members who have been displaced by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a BCBS network provider
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are identified
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- BCBSIL Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-521-2227
- BCBSIL Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 800-538-8833
- BCBSIL Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 800-624-1723
- BCBSIL BlueCard: 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)