Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Tornadoes and Severe Weather in Illinois
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) understand that a number of our members living, working or traveling in and around Illinois may be impacted and/or displaced as a result of the tornadoes and severe weather that occurred November 17, 2013.
BCBSIL is prepared to help these members by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met
- Accessing your member identification information
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present your BCBSIL ID card.
- If you do not have your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, our customer service representatives will assist you. You can also log in to your Blue Access for MembersSM account or access our website from your mobile device or desktop computer to search for a doctor, access your ID card and more.
- BlueCard® participants (indicated by a suitcase on the member ID card) can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- BCBSIL Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-541-2768
- BCBSIL Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 800-538-8833
- BCBSIL Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 877-213-1821
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)