Diversity and Inclusion
At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL), diversity and inclusion are embedded in every part of our business. Our commitment to diversity is demonstrated in how we serve our customers, engage our employees, connect with communities in which we operate and partner with suppliers and other business stakeholders.
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Our goal is to create and nurture a work environment that:
- Encourages all employees to contribute their unique talents
- Makes available the diversity of ideas and opinions needed to achieve our business objectives
- Is open to the diverse skills, ideas and perspectives of all employees
- Responds to the varied needs of our increasingly diverse customers
- Maximizes individual, team and organizational performance
Business Resource Groups
Employee engagement is a high priority. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) are a key component to implementing diversity and inclusion at BCBSIL. They add value by creating a diverse and inclusive culture, supporting and contributing to business goals, enhancing community outreach efforts, strengthening the talent pipeline and helping reach new consumer markets; which are focused on four areas: Career, Commerce, Community and Culture.